Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A historian looks at the Iraq war

I admit it...I have a soft spot for historians. Especially those who use the classical historians as their model.

Victor Davis Hanson's most recent book was on the Peloponnesian War. Those who liked talking about "Sparta" can find out the real thing, not the Hollywood nonsense, by reading his book.

Recently, he sat down with Bill Steigerwald of Townhall.com. I can't recommend this short interview enough for those who want to put the Iraq conflict in context. He refers to the past several wars we are familiar with (WW I & II) and looks at how our handling of the war went...and how things will perhaps be seen 50 years hence.

Please click here.

Coach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the book tip, I have been looking for some solid vacation reading!