Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who is Sarah Palin?



The two examples imbedded here are amongst the few more tasteful Photoshop jobs circulating on the internet. Few persons have had a more visceral impact on the public concept of American politics than Alaska governor Sarah Palin. Back in September, if you scroll down a few blog posts, you will find this comment by me:
Palin's selection has led some Republicans to conclude that McCain is setting up the party for a conservative agenda for years to come with the Alaska governor's promotion and exposure to a national audience. Even should McCain lose this election, she has become a world-recognized figure. She will not become a trivia question like Geraldine Ferraro did after the 1984 election.


I was going to make a big post on this, but since I started this post I came across a couple of articles that express my vision much more eloquently.

The first is from my idol, Victor Davis Hanson. He says it all here.

The second is actually a pretty good assessment of what the future holds as we consider the likelihood of an Obama presidency. I don't agree with everything Mr. Taylor says here, but he asks some questions and makes some judgments that the adoring media seem incapable of addressing at this point.

I foresee a future, 20 years or so hence, where many people will wonder what were thinking...sort of like in 1976...

It is my expectation that I will post perhaps one, at most two, more posts before the election. That's about all I can emotionally deliver at this point.

I would hope that after the election (and I can't wait to get to that point), if I keep this blog going, that it will deal much more with cultural, and especially technological, issues going forward.

Thanks to all who have enjoyed this blog...it certainly has been unforgettable.

Coach

No comments: